WHAT IS A CROWN?
A crown is a type of dental restoration used when a filling, inlay, or onlay will not sufficiently restore the tooth. The crown completely encases the damaged or decayed tooth, improving your smile’s health, functionality, and appearance. Dental crowns can be used for a variety of cosmetic and restorative purposes, and they can be created from a number of materials based on your individual needs and preferences. At Red Bird Family Dental, we offer porcelain crowns for our patients who are looking for a natural-looking restoration option.
DO I NEED A CROWN?
Our dentists, Drs. Kim, Han, Cook, and Cho, may recommend a crown for a number of purposes. A dental crown can be used to:
- Repair a severely damaged or decayed tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Enhance the appearance of a severely stained or darkened tooth
- Support a large filling when little tooth structure remains
- Improve the appearance and function of an irregularly shaped tooth
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
Your dental crown in Houston, Texas, will be custom made to fit your smile aesthetically and comfortably. For more information, we welcome you to contact our office today. We are dedicated to restoring your smile!